Operations Manager: Full-time
The Southwest Folklife Alliance seeks an Operations Manager to support its work celebrating the everyday expressions of culture, heritage, and diversity—work that requires partnership, communication, trust, creativity, and well organized systems of operation. As SFA expands its local, regional and national impact, we seek a qualified leader to help our organization stay aligned, focused, accountable, collaborative, and healthy as we continue to carry out meaningful cultural work that centers traditional knowledge, social equity, and collaboration.
Our organizational culture fosters adaptive leadership and respect for the diverse skill set and worldview each member of our team brings to the work of SFA. This position will require acute attention to detail and exceptional communication skills. Knowledge and experience with Quickbooks, Asana, Airtable, and/or comparable data software systems will be valuable. Applicants are encourages to apply regionally and nationally. The work will require a hybrid of remote and in person office hours in Tucson, Arizona.
Position is open until filled.
- Engage with Executive Director and SFA Board of Directors on all fundraising and development goals
- Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans to facilitate cost-effective operations as well as weekly management of income and expenses.
- Provide executive oversight of SFA programs that serve folk traditional communities, artists, in partnership with civic and tribal municipalities, cultural institutions, institutions of higher education, ethnic associations and small heritage-based or culturally specific businesses.
- Develop methods of management internally that foster adaptive leadership with staff and program constituencies.
- Act as the representative of SFA in ways that strengthen its profile locally and regionally
- Communicate and maintain trusted relationships with community partners, funders, artists, University liaisons, business partners and government authorities with an ability to gain cooperation on policies and standards.
- Other duties as assigned
- Follow this link to apply today!
For questions or concerns please reach out to Leia Maahs, SFA Executive Director: email@example.com or call 520-903-4175 (o).